Monday 16 February 2015

Faith

What is faith?

To answer this question I had to ask myself, what is a lack of faith?

Doubt.

Thoughts like 'I will never be good enough. I can't do this. I don't know how to do this.'

I've never been able to have faith in God.
Not the type of faith that I imagines burns so brightly and fiercely it's undeniable.

But then, Believing in something is not the same as faith.

Faith is trying despite the odds stacked against you. Despite what others say. Despite you are no where near the goal or don't know what the solution is yet.

Perseverance. Loyalty. Open heart and open mind.

I always wondered what faith was and how it felt. What kind of warmth would seep into my body, a holy spirit, a giddiness perhaps?

It's more a combination of action and acceptance.

This is what I can do right now today. The worst is not going to happen. I wont doubt my abilities and will inprove them as needed. If I need I will grow, adapt. My motivations to do this thing does not come from a place of selfishness, greed or guilt.

It comes from a place of love (of myself and others), acceptance (of reality as it is - no ifs or buts or maybes) and peace (no anger, guilt or jealousy).

That is faith.

Knowing something is worth doing, being, living, because you believe in it.

This is how I will live everyday from this day forward.

Erase all doubts, and you are left with Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment